The first boards tracklaying was finished today. Without doubt the three way point was the one which was most challenging to build – and that’s before Ive started to wire it up. This is mainly down to the complexity and flat angles of the common crossings on it, the sub assembly which contains the main 2 crossings and is wired in common was a bit fiddly to say the least, some very tight clearances and not easy to get into with a soldering iron, but hey ho, its done and the coach and a LWB brake van run through it well.

dav

 

dav

Note the Scottish interloper, converted to EM yesterday in time for the Glasgow show in a week and a bit, and just awaiting a coat of grime once I’ve put a coupling bar on the other new recruit still lurking in its bix (this one came RTR in EM), and I can use the airbrush to put the base frame dirt on both locos at the same time.

Now I was going to do that today but whilst tidying the rail ends up at board joints decided to start to bridge the gap on the main line. I then got carried away and put down the sleepers on the loco release crossover as all of  sudden the track laying is half done and with that, a bout of enthusiasm. Must get the air brush out tomorrow though.

 

davdavdav